Monday, April 2, 2012

Swirly Goodness

This mani netted me quite a few compliments from complete strangers. One girl even asked me what shop I got them done at! Needless to say, that was such a ridiculous ego boost that I was grinning like an idiot for the rest of the day. I also kept it on for a record four days, amazing right? This was my attempt at trying drag marbling and it was ridiculously fun. I really adore water marbling results but I didn't think I was quite ready to tackle that yet, so drag marbling it was. I followed the basic idea from this tutorial by SimpleLittlePleasures. On to the pic spam!

 
 
 
 

They looked like sparkly little hurricanes on mah fingers hehe. The flash really picked up the shimmer in the gold polish but in real life it was quite a bit more subdued and was more microglitter than anything.

Polishes I used:
  • Sinful Colors base coat / Seche Vite top coat
  • Sinful Colors Midnight Blue (1 coat)
  • Sinful Colors Mint Apple
  • Rimmel 621 Star Dust
Coming up soon my very first swatch, so stay tuned! Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. That looks so neat. It is so amazing how you can follow the tutorials so well, and get such great results. You also have a real eye for color. Can't wait for your next posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I should do a post all about before and after clean up because if you had seen my fingers and part of my kitchen table before these pics you may change your mind about great results haha.

      Delete