Friday, December 14, 2012

Swatch Day - Butter London No More Waity Katie

Happy Friday all! I am taking a break from abusing my hands making holiday jewelry gifts to make hot chocolate ice cream cones for an office party for my mother. Yes, they are as awesome as they sound. If you are intrigued and in need of a last minute cute thing, I highly recommend taking a look at Designs With Heart for some basic instructions.

Look how cute they are! I use craft scissors to cut the tops of my bags all fancy like and some cheap holiday colored ribbons.

These things are taking over my life (and kitchen table) >.<

Now on to the swatch of the day! One of my never tried before brands that I picked up at Ulta was Butter London. Until now I had only been able to drool over the many shades from afar. When I got there in person I had a reaaaaaally hard time choosing one color, but in the end it was No More Waity Katie that called out to me the loudest. She is a stunner!



Polishes used:

  • Seche Rebuild base coat / Seche Vite top coat
  • Butter London No More Waity, Katie
NOTE: I really don't feel like my pictures do this polish justice, so go check out the review of this at The Polishaholic, you will not be disappointed by her gorgeous photos.


I bought this polish solely on the look in the bottle. It wasn't until I got home and read some reviews that I learned a lot of people had issues with the formula. I will admit, I was like oh crap what did I just do to myself. However, I was very happily surprised! I had pretty much none of the application or formula issues that I had read about, such as bald spots and streaking. This polish is very much on the sheer side and both pictures are with three coats, though I think I could get away with two thick ones if I had to. I am so in love with this gorgeous grayed out dusty purple and those bright purple sparkles are perfect! The glitter was nice and even, no fishing needed. The only real problem I had with this was (again) taking decent photos of it. It did get a little gritty with all the glitter and it is a bit top coat hungry, I would recommend whatever method you prefer for removing glitters with this one. I have seen it layered over Zoya Caitlin to get amazingly close to bottle color if you don't feel like using a full three coats. I will be planning to layer this over quite a few things in the spirit of experimentation. I think I am now a Butter London fan, now to hunt down Wallis somehow.

I hope you all have a great weekend, I will be elbow deep in hot chocolate mix and using my jedi mind powers to will my poor broken nails to grow.

8 comments:

  1. HNNNGG I need this one! I had it in my hands at a Ricky's in NYC but let it go. Went to another Ricky's determined to buy it and they didn't have it :'(. I did get Wallis there though so... yay?

    I'm planning a weekend of doing my nails while watching netflix and being happy I'm done with school while simultaneously cursing the fact that I have another semester to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw man, I'll share my NMWK if you share your Wallis haha.

      Isn't that the best feeling, when you get that first weekend to yourself at the end of the semester? Watching anything good?

      Delete
  2. oh that looks beautiful! :) good thing application wasn't too bad. ^.^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you would like it, it's purple hehe. I was scared it was gonna be a pain in the butt.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks! It is definitely in my top 5 favorites in my collection, I just wish I could have captured it better in photos.

      Delete
  4. I love this polish! It gets so much hate though :( Maybe it was because I also didn't have any problems with it.

    ReplyDelete