Monday, December 10, 2012

Swatch Day - Pure Ice Girls Best Friend

Happy gross rainy Monday everybody! Well, it's gross and rainy here anyways. After life being a total jerkface for the past week and a half I think it's finally safe to say I can blog again! YAY! Before I start I'd like to say a very big thank you to all of your kind words on my last post, I know Schaden would also say thank you for helping me feel better.

Today I have one of my birthday polishes to show you, Pure Ice Girls Best Friend. It's a very appropriate holiday cranberry sort of red with a lovely little sparkle thrown in. Ready to look? Yeah you are!

This is the most color accurate photo for most lighting.

It matches my blood, now THAT'S how you accessorize!

In bright, direct light this polish turns a gorgeous  bright cherry red. 

Stamping fun!




Polishes used:

  • Seche Rebuild base coat / Seche Vite top coat
  • Pure Ice Girls Best Friend
  • Zoya Logan for stamping


There is one thing about this polish that bothers me. The name has no apostrophe. Yes I know that's really got nothing to do with the way the polish wears but dang it I had to go back and edit this to take all the apostrophes out and for that I am irked. Aside from the grammatical issues, I really like this little number. Girls Best Friend is from the Metro Chic line and I found mine in Walmart on a crazy disorganized shelf that you would come to expect from Walmart. I was drawn to the dark cranberry in the bottle and it just looked like nothing I had in my collection.The top two pictures are very color accurate to what they look like in person, a nice deep sparkly red. If you get closer to a light source (or you suck at taking pics like me and have an issue with the flash) you will see it lighten up quite a bit to a cherry sort of red. You may notice a red mark on my index finger, it is not stray polish. I whacked myself with the chasing hammer while making jewelry >.< If nothing else the fact that it matches the polish should really give you a nice illustration of what a perfect blunt force trauma red this color really is. The formula was pretty good, all pictures show two fairly generous coats. For the amount of sparkle in it I really expected it to be a little more gritty and top coat hungry but it was pleasantly neither. I will however say that it started to wear and chip after a day of hard use. Also, like all reds, it decided to stain my nails a tiny bit even with base coat. I don't know what it is about me and reds but every freakin time, I swear. Overall I still call this one a winner in my book and you will no doubt be seeing it much more as Christmas fast approaches. I had been really kind of jonesing for China Glaze Ruby Pumps but now with this in my collection I feel like I can wait. It's by no means a dupe but it's in the same general idea and it's close enough for me. For now. Oh god I have a problem.

Thank you again for all your kind thoughts and words, you guys are super awesome. As a token of appreciation I give you a smiley cat.


Is it too late to copyright the term "blunt force trauma red"? I feel like Crayola needs to know about it.

4 comments:

  1. It's good to see you back again - and I love the smiling cat :)
    It's a gorgeous, vampy red :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it's good to feel productive again haha.

      Isn't it a great red?

      Delete
  2. pretty kitty, nice polish color :) glad to see you back ^.^

    ReplyDelete