Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Saran Wrap Marble

I just went to the dentist and I totally can't feel half of my face.

Luckily I only have to type this and not try to speak it while drooling all over myself. I have an earth-toned experiment with saran wrap to show you guys! I've been meaning to try this one for a while now and I am so glad I did, this is so super easy and nowhere near the mess of a splatter mani. Take a look at mah pretty marbles! (Ignore my dry hands, I was doing dishes when I was like "Oh crap go take pics before I ruin it!")






Polishes used:

  • Sally Hansen Salon Manicure base coat / Seche Vite top coat
  • Revlon Bare Bones
  • Sinful Colors This Is It
  • Sally Hansen Mint Sorbet

I am in love with how this came out! From far away it looks mostly minty then close up and it's all like BAM, LOOK AT ME I'M A PIECE OF AWESOME MARBLE! It reminds me of some of the most beautiful pieces of jasper stone that I saw at a bead show one time. I loves me some jasper stones. The clean up on this was a non-issue, I had less issue with it than a normal sponge gradient clean up. For those not familiar with the saran wrap technique, take a small piece of saran wrap and scrunch it up into a ball. Dip the ball into your color of choice and dab away! If I found that I used more than I would have liked I just dabbed at it with an un-dipped portion of my saran wrap and it made it nice and marbled again. This is sooooo super easy and I have no idea why I was ever afraid of it. There is really no wrong way to do it and I love methods like that because it makes my inner perfectionist go sit in the corner while the rest of me can just relax and have fun. I already know I will be doing this again with neons soon, I am super curious how less muted colors will look.

I hope you all are having a great week so far, I'm gonna go poke the numb side of my face until it stops making me laugh. It's gonna be a while.

21 comments:

  1. Love this one, it is gorgeous. I does look like marble...great color combo. I have to give this one a try. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I plan to try this with black/gray/white for more marble goodness. Definitely try it, it's fun!

      Delete
  2. Love this technique...should try it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you should! It's so easy and gives such great results with any colors.

      Delete
  3. This sounds like a fun technique - will be trying this one! Looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! I hope you post on it if you do, I'd love to see it ^_^

      Delete
  4. It looks like antique. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't it? I showed my husband and I was all "Look I'm the Statue of Liberty!!" and he didn't get it. He just gave me that look like I'd been inhaling too much polish fumes.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. The more the merrier! I'd love to see pics of how it turns out!

      Delete
  6. this is such a neat idea! i LOVE LOVE LOVE how this turned out! i might have to steal this idea from you if you don't mind :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steal away! I forget where I originally saw this but I'll have to go dig around and post it for everyone on Friday, cause this is so not my own idea.

      Delete
  7. These. Look. AWESOME! I've been meaning to try this forever too, but seriously, next mani I'm going to do this. I always like Bare Bones, but the whole colour combo is a great choice--it looks like pretty, jaded marble!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm kind of surprised how much I fell in love with a neutral color that wasn't gray but man I love Bare Bones too. I wish I took pics when I put matte top coat on this cause it was sooo soft and pretty, alas I am a doofus >.<

      Delete
    2. Haha, that's exactly what I was thinking--I gotta try matte coating this sucker! Unfortunately I just had to nurse my Bare Bones with some thinner, so I need to let that even out a little while before I can use it. Still going to pick some other colours and go for it, though, and if it works at all I'll be sure to drop a link back here. ;)

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Why thank you! I have to say I was really sad to see those go.

      Delete
  9. these are absolutely amazing!!! i loveeeee them! great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think next time I'll have to do purple ones for you haha

      Delete
  10. This is gorgeous! It reminds me of antique copper and jadeite! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was secretly hoping it would come across like some nice metal and stone, I'm glad it worked ^_^

      Delete