Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Orly Snowcone Stamping

Happy Wednesday everybody! I hope you are all having a good week so far. I am currently having major withdrawal after the first Guild Wars 2 beta weekend ended and I can't wait for Friday so I can play again!

This week I got some super awesome stamping plates from Red Angel. I already love them more than the ones that came with my stamper and I had no problem fitting the full nail images onto my fatty nails :P I did notice my scraper seemed to do a lot more damage to these plates so after some trial and error (on my photo hand of course because I never do anything the smart way haha) I switched to using an old discount club credit card type card and it seemed to work out much better. I got a cleaner image on my stamper that way and it was a LOT easier to clean off at the end since it was just plastic. So a thank you to Jenni from Gold Speck Nails since that is where I picked up the card trick.

I'm sure you guys are sick of seeing this blue but I am not responsible for the following colors. Blame my husband, he picked them. Well, actually he picked blue and gray but none of my gray polishes wanted to play nice with the stamper so it turned to blue and black. Also I was curious what Green Ocean looked like on a lighter blue. More photography experiments happened too. Take a look!

Before stamping. The camera really didn't want to show the teal tones it had going.



Fancy art shot. /golf clap

CLICK ME! An attempt at a macro shot.
Polishes used:
  • Sinful Colors base coat / Seche Vite top coat
  • Orly Snowcone
  • Sinful Colors Green Ocean
  • Kiss Nail Art striper in black
  • Red Angel stamping plate RA-103

I like how these turned out and since I also managed to get my hands on some matte top coat (awwww yeah, it's on!) they may stay around for a while. I think I may also be kind of sort of getting better at the photography part of this, I do apologize for the macro shots of my (not so) old lady fingers. I have no idea why they get so weirdly wrinkled, I guess my moisturizer is just not strong enough? I'm not old, fingers, stop making me look bad! For some reason my camera hated the weird kind of teal thing these had going on from the coat of Green Ocean. I'm not sure if it's because I did this at night or what but I'll keep testing, it really has a nice sheen to it in person. Either way I'm happy with them. There are so many images in this set of stamps I got that I hardly know where to begin but I know I want to try them all! Do you guys have a favorite stamp image?

8 comments:

  1. I like this combo. It's a really interesting set of textures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I put some matte on it earlier this evening and it's pretty neat looking, I should post some pics of it later.

      Delete
  2. wow this is pretty and i LOVE green ocean!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it! I have yet to find something in my collection Green Ocean doesn't look nice over.

      Delete
  3. Yay for a shout out to me ;p I love the mani, and the stamping & yay for getting your hands on a matte top coat!

    As for your "old lady fingers" I find that if I hold the bottle too tightly when taking photos I get those weird wrinkles too.

    And if your new discount card scraper has a clear covering on both sides it scrapes even better without it on :]] /Long comment :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may or may not have made a squeaking sound of excitement in the store when I found the matte top coat lol. Holding the bottle too tightly you say... I will experiment with this! I have a few other cards like that I can attack for the sake of nail art science, though the one I used for this is more like a full plastic credit card kinda deal. Thanks for the extra hints!!

      Delete
  4. very pretty! :) I have to say my favorite stamp image is...oh man! thats a hard question haha i thought i had an answer but very quickly changed it lol many favorites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! As long as I'm not the only one who has a hard time choosing I feel better haha

      Delete