Monday, July 16, 2012

Whimsical Stamping

In the spirit of a Monday I bring you a crappy short post. This is to honor the craptastic day that is Monday plus it is a clever cover for the fact that I totally forgot that it WAS Monday. Well, it was a cover until I just told on myself. Oops.

As you may remember from my vacation haul I found me some Revlon Whimsical. For those not in the know, Revlon Whimsical is considered a dupe for the Deborah Lippmann shade Glitter In The Air. Since I don't have Glitter In The Air, if you are curious about the comparison visit this convenient write up over at Nouveau Cheap. Whimsical is really sheer and great for layering. For all of my pics I've used two coats of Whimsical over two coats of Wet N Wild Megalast I Need A Refresh-mint since it was the closest thing to a decent light blue that I own. I really need to remedy that. For a look at Whimsical over a color more accurate to it's base, have a look at these gorgeous swatches from Nails and Noms. On to the few pics I managed to remember to take of this one.




Polishes used:
  • Seche Rebuild base coat / Seche Vite top coat
  • Wet n Wild Megalast I Need A Refresh-mint
  • Revlon Whimsical
  • China Glaze Agro
  • Red Angel stamping plate RA-119

As you can see, I got curious after a few days of this combo and played with a stamp. I just had to find out if Agro would stamp as well as my beloved China Glaze Harvest Moon and I am happy to report that yes it does indeed. A top coat makes it sparkle just as lovely too. I now have many ideas running through my head for Agro stamping. Mwahahahahahaha!

I do apologize for today's lame post, I promise Wednesday will be less lame. How many times can one acceptably say the word lame in one sentence? I think I hit the limit. I'll shut up now. Thanks for reading!

13 comments:

  1. The layering is great - and the stamping makes it even more beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I figured a butterfly might like a whimsical colored flower hehe.

      Delete
  2. I love Whimsical! It looks gorgeous over the light blues! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I'm really curious to try it over white.

      Delete
  3. The stamping is perfect! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks! I should have stamped with purple for you, it would have looked even better!

      Delete
  5. This is a gorgeous mani! I love it! Great combo of polishes. : )

    I nominated you for the "Por Tu Naturalidad Award" (translates to mean for being natural and putting enjoyment before competitiveness) detail linked here...
    http://kellysnailblog.blogspot.com/2012/07/por-tu-naturalidad-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was sad to see this one finally chip.

      Oh snap, more awards! Thank you!

      Delete
  6. Nghh! I love these! I love whimsical over that base!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey I know that noise, I totally make it every time I see A-England Dragon or St George lol.

      Delete
  7. I really like the combo of those 2 colors!

    ReplyDelete