Monday, July 9, 2012

Monday Blues

Hi everyone! Monday and rainy = bleh. I blame the use of blue today entirely on the gross weather. In case you've ever wondered, it is pretty difficult to paint your nails while there are two thunder-phobic dogs fighting over who can wedge themselves further under your legs >.<

For today I have a post-vacation acquisition I just couldn't help but put on as soon as I got it home. Meet Wet n Wild Blue Wants To Be A Millionaire, my first holo of any kind! I was prepared for it to be very sheer after reading a few reviews before buying, and it was indeed. It took four coats to build up opacity enough to cover the visible nail line. With the results it gave, I don't even care, this is so gorgeous! I will layer it from now on just to conserve my bottle but on it's own it's amazing. I am now officially obsessed with holos! I had really hoped for some sun to take pics in but the weather this whole week has other plans apparently. Even indoors this had me staring at my hands though, take a look! Enlarge these suckers, you will not be disappointed.






Polishes used:

  • Seche Rebuild base coat / Seche Vite top coat
  • Wet n Wild Blue Wants To Be A Millionaire
  • Sally Hansen Black Heart
  • Red Angel stamping plate RA-108

I have so many layering ideas for this floating around in my head. I currently have it layered over China Glaze Secret Peri-wink-le on my toes and it is pretty stunning. I actually distracted myself while reading last night cause I caught my toes in my line of sight in my bedside lamp lol. Oh man, and stamping over a holo? LOVE! I will definitely be doing this again, not just because I'm not all that happy with this particular stamping but it's just so cool peeking out from behind a solid creme! Once I had this on for all of an hour I told the husbandguy that I was making a list of polishes for him to buy online for Christmas and you can bet there are holos on there! It may be storming and gross outside and I may have a wiggling lump of dogs under my legs but this polish totally makes me smile anyway. I hope you all are having a good Monday and that you have a polish that makes you smile too!

12 comments:

  1. Wow this is friggin amazing and it is by WnW?!?! NICE! I will have to look into this. The color and holo is unreal...wholy s*it balls!!!

    Dogs crammed under my legs would not bother me a bit either if I had just put this on! O.O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? Having never actually seen any type of holo polish in person before I was getting the "wtf is wrong with you" look from the husbandguy cause I just could NOT stop staring. I was also sitting right by a lamp and it made it a zillion times more awesome.

      Delete
  2. This is a lovely polish - and it looks great with the stamping over it!!
    Poor dogs...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The doggies send you thank you kisses for your concern hehe.

      Delete
  3. Haha I love that you got distracted whilst reading - that really made me laugh. This is stunning though, so I can totally understand why!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so easily distracted by shiny things, my mom calls me a raven lol.

      Delete
  4. This was totally my first holo as well! I wore it over a pale blue, I forget which now. But it was so fabulous I had to run out and buy a backup bottle the next day (and for $2 can't complain about price, either!)

    They have a pink holo that's pretty similar to this in formula, Hannah Pinktanta... it's a little harder to find in my experience though. The only place I remember having seen it is ShopKo. Which is weird since pretty much every drugstore has a W&W display, and as far as I can tell it's a core color... Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They actually had Hannah Pinktana there but I put it back cause I just wasn't feeling the color. But at least now I know why I've looked at this one every single time, it was a holo calling to me!

      Delete
  5. Preeeetttyyyy! I wants now. I had been eyeing Hannah Pinktana, which is like the pink cousin to this one, but pink is not my color at all. Now that I know this is so pretty I'll be picking it up.

    I likey the stamping too, I can't make that image work for some reason, it always looks crooked.

    I saw the other day at PetSmart that they're selling like a straitjacket for dogs who are afraid of thunder. It gives slight pressure so they don't freak out. I'd rather squish them myself but, you know, distance and all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I saw it and was like eh, not really my color. I also read Hannah Pinktana is a little more sheer than this one so I was like maybe I should just try this one first and then see if I get a random urge for pink.

      I totally had trouble with this image, I thought it was black polish but I could be wrong. Now I'm curious.

      I saw that too but they would look so pathetic lol. They get along just fine once they figure out who gets what hiding spot >.< They would gladly welcome your squishes, they say thanks for thinking of them hehe.

      Delete
  6. So beautiful! I love it with the creme stamping too :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can't wait to try it over a black or a light blue and throw in some type of tan or brownish color.

      Delete